Saturday, November 8, 2008

Yummy?

Well this morning Dillon got up bright and early and went to meet Bill and my dad and go shoot some pheasants over in Roberts ID. Since Dillon was going to be gone doing that then had to be home to go to work at 4, I was going to take the chance to go home and spend the day with the girls at mom's house. Well, I looked up the weather and it said it was supposed to snow most of the day here and in SV and I didn't really wanna risk it going alone, in my little car, just for a few hours. So instead, I thought about going with Dillon and the boys just to go along for the ride but I decided it wouldnt be very fun, I'd get cold, and I had too much homework to get done. So I stayed home and this is what Dillon brought me...a whole garbage bag full of pheasant. He plopped them down on our kitchen cupboard and in the kitchen sink and started cleaning them. We didn't have gallon size ziploc bags so I ran to the store real quick for him and got home just in time to see this...(Don't worry, after he was done and left for work I took full advantage of the opportunity to scrub and sanitize the kitchen and our whole apartment actually.) So now we have even more adventurous meat to eat. So far this semester we've had buffalo jerky, buffalo hamburger, buffalo steaks, moose roast, salmon, halibut, antelope jerky (coming soon), and still have some red snapper, ling cod, crab and now pheasant to try! Oh man, nothing like having a family full of hunters and fishers! But don't worry...we've managed to squeeze a little bit of good old beef and chicken in there! :)

Now for a little update and FYI on other things.........
  1. Still no little frog (I really wish he would turn up). I really can't even imagine where he is!
  2. For those asking about the internship ordeal, no we didn't win. The main guy the teachers in my department had been talking to decided to go on a 3 week leave. So when my teachers called his office again the best argument the college could give was that they stongly encourage students to do their internship off campus so they basically make it as hard as possible to get them to apporve one. So now I am looking at my other options for internships in the great town of Rexburg! Good news being tho, keep your fingers crossed, I may be able to do my internship and work at the preschool depending on schedules and such.
  3. Dillon didn't have to work Thurs so we decided to take some time and go get the tires rotated on both the cars (we both got new tires around the same time last year and decided they needed rotated). They told us it would be about an hour (don't worry we took homework) but Dillon's car was done within about 15 minutes. About 10 minutes after that they came to tell me that my tires were rotated but I needed new front brakes soon! So...3 hours and $160 later I got my tires rotated and new front brakes. What a suprise ending to our seemingly innocent adventure of a free tire rotation.
  4. Dillon doesn't have to work Thanksgiving day! YAHOO!!! We're going to go to SV for the first of the week, come back so he can work the middle of the week, head to Utah for Thanksgiving day, and come home so he can work the end of the week!
  5. Only 2 more weeks until Thanksgiving break then only 2 more weeks until the semester is over, I graduate from college (minus the internship), and we go to HAWAII for a week!! YAY!!!

4 comments:

Alexa said...

I would sanatize to!!! =) Hawaii?! I am SOO jealous! I think you should take me with you!... just kiddin. =) Love you guys!

Denise said...

I must say that I am glad I am not married to a hunter. I don't know if I could handle that in my kitchen! And I am very jealous of your trip to Hawaii. Have fun though!!!

Amy said...

YEAH!!! I am so excited that you will be here for Thanksgiving!!! I can't wait to see you both. Heidi, You are quite a woman! Buffalo, pheasant???? Oh man, I would be in such trouble!!! I can't even handle eating just tame ol' beef!!! Love ya both!!! Oh yeah... Hawaii? No fair, I am a *few* years older than both of you and I have never been there!!!

Corrie said...

HaHaHa, glad Dillon got the pheasant and Dad and Bill didn't bring it home. The ride home was an adventorous one for the guys....suffice it to say, dads truck is sitting in Victor Idaho and Nicole got to take a little road trip. And the Hawaii thing, in 6 month time you guys will have been on 3 BIG vacations, San Fransisco, Alaska & Hawaii. I'd say you two are a LOT spoiled. Can't wait to see you, too bad you weren't here today to help with the cherry chocolates, pnut butter cups, almond joys, and the other chocolates we dippped. Love ya, Mom