Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 3

Day 3 – Your idea of the perfect first date.
Well...I'm not really sure what my idea of the perfect first date would be so I'll just tell you about Dillon and I's first date, because I think that was pretty perfect! :) It all started WAY back in October of 2007 (wow that sounds like a LONG time ago! lol) in Rexburg Idaho. Dillon had finally summoned up enough courage to ask me to go with him and a bunch of his friends to Guitars Unplugged that weekend. Of course I said yes and by the time the weekend came it was no longer a group thing but really a double date with one of his friends and my poor roommate that I dragged into it (thanks Georgie! :) The night of the date arrived and Dillon and his friend came to pick us up and we walked over to the show. A group of girls from my ward were actually there and sitting a few rows in front of us and snapped this picture! Well besides being very hot and claustrophobic in the auditorium, Guitars was a lot of fun. After it was over we decided we needed some ice cream so we headed over to Cold Stone. We got our ice cream then sat in the car and ate and talked (lol...not sure why we sat in the car, but we did). When our ice cream was gone, or close, we headed back to mine and Georgie's apartment to watch a movie. We decided on Ice Age.
*Now....this is where the great debate comes in. This next part of the story is different depending on if you ask Dillon or me what happened next. But I'll tell you what REALLY happened! :)*
What REALLY happened next was Dillon grabbed my unsuspecting hand that I had been keeping to myself and held it for the rest of the movie. :) Our night ended with a constant "DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS??" from our crazy nazi roommate as curfew came and went (dang church schools anyways!) and we finally ended the movie early and said goodbye to shut her up. We hugged goodbye and as soon as the door closed Georgie and I were freaking out like the immature college girls we were. I was SO excited (and surprised) that he held my hand and Georgie was just SO excited that the date was over! Yes...it wasn't her most favorite date but I really can't blame her, Dillon's friend was a little strange! :)

......And the rest is history!

4 comments:

Dafni said...

OMG was Dillion's friend Brandon?? Please tell me no :)

Dafni said...

Ok, I just saw the date again. We were already together in October of 07. Whew!!

Hahaha :)

Marlaina said...

I remember all of this! :) You forgot to mention that Dillon's weird friend was SHORTER than George and had no neck! And easy on the immature college girl comments. Some of us are still in that boat!

Mr and Mrs Merrill... said...

mar...actually the shorter/no neck guy was a different guy I drug her on a date with a few months before! lol. poor georgie!!!