Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thankful

I know that Thanksgiving is over but I just have to tell everyone how grateful I am for my good health. I know, any of you that know me very well are probably laughing at that statement since I am ALWAYS sick it seems, but really...I am SO grateful for my health. This week I have been very sick. Last night I couldn't go 15 mins without barfing for about 4 1/2 hours (sorry if that's too much information), but I am feeling A LOT better today thanks to a blessing from Dillon and my friend's husband and I finally have food in me for the first time in 3 days. So are you all wondering yet why I'm grateful for health since this post seems a little ironic? Well on Sunday they passed a list around to the Relief Society woman (yes they were nice enough to include those of us stuck in Primary) to sign up to take meals to a couple that just moved into our ward. The wife was diagnosed with cancer a few weeks ago and this couple only got married in October! My heart definately goes out to this new little couple. I can't even imagine what they are going through or how hard that would be to come home from your honeymoon to find out that you have cancer. So, despite being sick this week, I am VERY grateful for my good health and feel very blessed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better, I have wondered about you today.
So no school today for you either? Hopefully Dillon doesn't get it now. Sorry to hear about that little gal in your ward, what kind of cancer does she have? Unfortunately we know first hand how bad cancer sucks. Love ya, Mom

Alexa said...

Im sorry you have been sick! That sucks! It seems like I am always sick too! haha I hate that people have to go through cancer. It is so sad. Love you guys!

Amy said...

Heidi I hope you are feeling better! Ally was up every hour from @ 11:00 last night throwing up! Yuck!!! I hope you are feeling better. Did Dillon get sick too? I am praying it doesn't go through all of us.
It makes my heart hurt to hear of anyone fighting cancer. Especially someone so young.