Monday, December 8, 2008

FOOD!!

I can finally eat again!!! No I did not go on a week long anerexia spree or go on a diet (haha ya right!) I just couldn't eat without gettin sick. Well, as I said in my last post, I was a little sick last week. I was feelin better by about thurs but still couldn't eat without feeling nauseous so I just stuck to toast. I made an apt to go to the Student Health Center on Friday but woke up feeling pretty good and cancelled it...well I should have listened to my mom, I ate a little dinner that night and just a few short hours later I had my head back in the toilet. Not to mention not being able to stop coughing and my throat being completely swollen (Sidenote: Aunt Amy, I couldn't sleep at all Wed night I think it was because I was scared I was going to die in my sleep! My throat was so swollen that I had to sit up to swallow and all I could think about was that little gal you knew that died in her sleep because she couldn't breathe. At least I think that was the story! How silly am I?? hehehe). Anyways...so I thought I would get feelin better over the weekend and I did a little bit. I actually ate a little of Sunday dinner that Dillon's mom made and kept what I did eat down (a whole baby scoop of mashed potatoes, 2 bites of roast, and 1/2 a roll. WAHOO!). Well last night sleep didn't happen too much (for me or poor Dillon) because I couldn't stop coughing. So this morning I woke up and made another apt with the Health Center and went in at 1pm after classes. Just as I predicted they told me I was fine! They stabbed me and took my blood (left me a pretty little, I mean big bruise!), gagged me with a throat swab, and made me pee in a cup...all to tell me I was fine. The strep test was negative, the mono test was negative, and everything that the pee test tells them was fine. The only thing the doc seemed a little concerned about was the fact that my protein count (I think) was SUPER high. She thinks/hopes this is just because I haven't been able to eat much but she wants me to come back in 2 weeks to get a UEI (maybe that's what it's called) to make sure my Kidney (or liver, whichever deals with protein) is working like it should be. Can you tell I wasn't listening very well? So 1 hr and 45 mins, $70+, a Z-pack, and anti-nausea medicine later....EVERYTHING IS OK! I really don't understand this though, how can everything be fine and dandy when I haven't been able to eat, sleep, or hardly breathe (not to mention the snot fountain) for the past week??? Interesting. Well when I first left I was just a wee bit frustrated so I called my mommy, cried a little bit, and immediately took the nausea meds. Now, I'm just happy that I have been able to eat tonight!!!! YAY! Now if I could just stop hacking up my lungs!

6 comments:

Nield Moments said...

Don't you love it when they tell you you are fine. If you were fine you wouldn't be there in the first place! Plus if you really were fine would they have to send you home with medicines?!?!?! Glad you can finally at least get some food in you. You better get feeling better real soon if you plan on going to Hawaii still!!

Anonymous said...

I won't say I told you so, BUT I am SO GLAD you finally got in there. Your stress level has been TOO HIGH and you are NOT fine. They would not have sent you home with a Z-pack. I knew you were frustrated yesterday but would feel better later and then things would be ok. You DO NOT want that stupid mono back, remember how you have never felt the same since then? Take care of yourself. Wish you were here and not there taking finals. But get your stuff done and get your sleep and then you can enjoy Hawaii starting saturday. Love ya, Mom (incase you couldn't tell LOL)

jilliann said...

That would be so frustrating! One time I was sick and they just told me what it MIGHT be and gave me two different prescriptions. Luckily I got better. Anyways, I hope you start feeling better! And can continue to keep your food down!

Jess & Tal said...

Dang Heidi! That sounds like the pits! Hope you get on your toes soon!

Denise said...

I never did like the health center much...they tried diagnosing me with a couple things that were far from what I had. It finally took me going to a real doctor's office to get things figured out. Good luck with it, especially since you get to go on vacation here soon! Miss you, are you going to be in SV at all over the holidays...let me know.
Luv ya!

Amy said...

Heidi, I am sorry that I added to your sleepness nights! Just hang in there until Saturday and then you can take a deep breathe and be amazed at yourself for surviving the past few weeks!!!
Congratulations on Graduating!!! You and Dillon definitely deserve this wonderful vacation! Enjoy the Islands!
I hope you are feeling some relief from the zpak!
love ya, Amy