Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas has come and gone...

can you believe it? The Christmas Season has gone by way too fast this year. I can't believe that just in a matter of a few days we will be ringing in the year 2009! HOLY COW. Well Christmas here for the Merrill's was great despite it not really feeling like Christmas. I'm not sure if it was the sunshine of Hawaii throwing me off or the fact that I was away from my family for Christmas for the first time in 21 years. But it was still GREAT! Dillon and I headed down to Shelley Christmas Eve afternoon and later headed to Blackfoot to Gma and Gpa Carter's to celebrate with ALL the Carters. It was also Gpa Carter's 82nd birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA! After a little food and chit-chatting the youngest cousins put on the nativity scene for us while Gpa and Uncle Val read the nativity story. All the kids looked so cute! Especially the little baby Jesus, aka the youngest of the Carter cousin's, Will who is only 1 month old! :) After all the kids opened their cousin presents and Christmas PJ's from Gma & Gpa it was time to go back to Shelley and wait for Santa. He found us and gave us some really good stuff! THANK YOU......SANTA! :) (I don't have any pictures of Christmas morning because I forgot to get them from my mom-in-law, sorry...I know you really wanted to see. lol) Christmas Day was filled with LOTS and LOTS of yummy food, hot tubing and some pretty intense card games! Dillon has had to work everyday (except yesterday) since, so I've been pretty dang lazy! :) He also has to work New Years Eve. We're hoping that he can get off at least before 11pm and we'll hurry down to Shelley to bring in 2009 with his family then New Years Day head to SV to spend a few days with my family! YAY! :) Well, that's what we're up to...I hope everyone else had a GREAT Christmas and have a VERY Happy New Years!

No comments: