Friday, May 27, 2011

May

May is almost over. Which is very exciting since it means I am DONE with school! YAY for summer time! Now if only the weather would realize it is now summer. But anyways, May was a pretty busy month for us with quite a few things going on.

On May 6th we were able to go to Pocatello for a graduation/awards ceremony and dinner for the 2011 graduating OT and PT classes at ISU. Well, sadly, Dillon did not graduate, BUT he did get awarded the "Arthur P Lloyd Endowment Scholarship." YAY honey!
Us
This is the "award" he got handed...the speech notes of the professor presenting him the award. lol. So, as you can see handwritten at the bottom, he didn't actually get anything that night; just recognition. The scholarship money will just come with our student loans when he starts school this Fall. It's not a bunch of money, but every little bit helps! CONGRATS LOVE!We have also spent most of this month trying to get our silly dog all healed up. The cut he got at my parent's house Easter weekend was taking FOREVER to heal and was finally starting to look a little better, until it rained for literally almost 48 hours straight and it got infected. Well...as you can see...we tried EVERYTHING to keep it covered. The ONLY thing he couldn't get off was this wonderful PVC cast Dillon made him. It worked for a day or 2 then his foot was just gettin too hot and sweaty so the cut was staying too moist and not healing. So the cast came off, we kept lots of antibacterial medication on it, we let him sleep in the back laundry room for 3 nights...and the infection was gone! :) Although the infection was gone the cut was still pretty bad so we have been playin it safe and have still been keeping the poor guy cooped up. Without Dillon's help I can't really see his foot all that well but from what I can see it looks like he is pretty well all healed up! So as soon as Dillon gets home, we can look at it to make sure its better, he will be a free dog again! YAY for everyone!!! :)

The Friday before Dillon left we were able to take an evening to go fishing...shooting...and roasting hot dogs and marshmallows! :)

The next day we were able to go down to Logan for a day and see my cousin that lives in Arizona and meet her 'special friend' (lol) and see most of the rest of my mom's family. It was fun to see everyone and even got to witness my Marine cousin (that has been deployed for almost 2 years) surprise his family and come walking into the party! It was an unforgettable moment! :)

Well, the day after we went to Logan was the day Dillon left :( That was a VERY sad day! I knew it was gonna be hard but honestly, I didn't think it was gonna be that hard. I am such a stinkin baby! But now 2 weeks has gone by and he is comin home TOMORROW! For those that don't know he has been in Pasco Washington doing an internship at a hospital up there. It has been nice cuz his grandparents live up there and he has been able to stay at their house and spend time with them. He has really enjoyed the things he has learned while there but is ready to come home. And I'M ready for him to come home! :)

Last weekend I didn't wanna stay home alone so I took a little road trip. I first hit up Rexburg and got to hang out with my friend Marlaina, spend the night with her, and go to the last day of Preschool on Friday! It was SO much fun to be back in preschool (even though it was just for the day) and to see all the kids I taught last year and to spend time with the AWESOME ladies I worked with up there. I miss them ALL so much! From Rexburg I went up to SV to hang out with my fam. My sister Nicole was there too with her 2 adorable little boys. I had so much fun that I called and got work off for Monday and didn't come home until Monday night! :) While there we even got to feed the Nield's goats. Dawson thought that was pretty cool.Sat morning my dad put me in charge of making breakfast. I enlisted the help of Dawson and this what grandpa got for breakfast......red (well pink) pancakes, green eggs and sausage links. Dawson was THRILLED... my dad? A little less than thrilled! I told him that's what he gets for putting a preschool teacher and a 4 year old in charge of breakfast! :)

By staying in SV until Monday night I was able to go and watch my niece Abbi in her Wyoming History play they preformed at the SV Care Center.
And I got to spend LOTS of time cuddling and loving this happy little man!!! :)

No comments: