Saturday, May 7, 2011

Easter fun

For Easter this year we went up to Star Valley for the annual Brough Easter Egg hunt. For those that don't know about our egg hunt, I'm pretty sure I can speak for most of my family when I say it is truly the highlight of the year. My mom goes far above and beyond what she needs to. This year I believe she said she filled over 450 eggs. And those are just for the adults. The grandkids get a chance to look for this specific color of eggs within the front and back yard and when they are done it's the adults turn, of course with the grandkids' help. The eggs have a variety of candy in them, some have a paper that say "prize" and some have money. There is one $50 egg (typically the "big egg"), one $20 egg, two $10 eggs, a few $5 eggs and multiple $1 eggs. This year Dillon and I made out with $16 some fun prizes and LOTS of yummy candy! :)



As we were leaving to come home Sunday evening we let Skeeter out of the kennel to get some energy out before making him get in the car. He was running around and ran/jumped over a pile of tiles my parents have sittin on their lawn that are leftover from their remodel. As he jumped over them I told him not to do that or he was gonna cut his foot. And guess what? As he walked over to me, sure enough, he was leaving a trail of blood. Oh great. It turned out that he cut the pad of his foot on one of his toes and it was really bleeding. We tried to get him to hold still (which is nearly impossible with that dog) so we could look at it and get it somewhat bandaged. It was a long process but we finally got it bandaged, got him into the car and headed home. It's now been almost 2 weeks but we've still bein keeping it bandaged trying to keep out infection and we have only let him out of his kennel to re-bandage it. Needless to say....he is going CRAZY! I cannot wait for it to heal so we can let him out and just let him run and run and run!! That dog has SO MUCH ENERGY!! He's actually gettin pretty good at letting us bandage it. My job is to sit and pet him to keep him calm while Dillon does the dirty work. Well the other night I was petting Skeeter and he just plopped right on down laying at my feet, extended his leg with the hurt foot and put it right in Dillon's lap (who was sitting in front of him) and just laid there until we were done. lol, it was funny. He doesn't so much like keeping the bandages on so we ended up gettin him the ever so lovely "cone of shame" and the turd STILL gets the bandages off. UGGHH, I hope he gets better soon, and before Dillon leaves for his internship!

Our nice bandaging job covered in duck tape

2 comments:

Kaylee and Phil said...

I was thinking of you today and almost text you. I then realized I don't have your number since I lost my phone a few months ago. Random I know but we really do need to get together soon!

Hardy's said...

Oh dear silly dog. Hope he heals soon. Where is dillon going for his internship?