Monday, March 16, 2009

my new favorite....

* Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips *
Sat morning when I was cooking breakfast I was waiting for the bacon to unthaw in the microwave and realized that I had never looked through some recipes I got for my bridal shower. So I was looking through them and came along this Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips recipe. It sounded SO tasty and SO summery and it was! I made it last night and YUM YUM YUM!!! Dillon wasn't actually so much of a fan because of all the different fruit tastes together and eaten on cinnamon, but I was ok with that...more for me! Dillon did want to try it more empanada style (well sort of like an empanada). He spread some cream cheese on a tortilla, filled the tortilla with the salsa, rolled it up, and fried it in some melted butter. When it was crispy took it out and sprinkled some cinnamon sugar on the top. Like I said, he wasn't a big fan but again, I thought it was DELICIOUS! After that I even dipped some of the chips in the cream chesse then in the salsa. So if you have the summer munchies, give it a try!
Fruit Salsa

1 cup finely chopped strawberries

3 med kiwifruit, peeled and chopped

1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple, drained

1 can (I think it was 11 oz) finely chopped mandarine oranges

1 Tbsp lemon juice

1 1/2 tsp sugar

Cinnamon Chips

Flour tortillas

1/4 cup melted butter

1/3 cup sugar

1 tsp cinnamon

*Brush tortillas with butter, combine cinnamon and sugar, sprinkle over melted butter, cut into wedges (pizza cutter works great). Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 mins or until crisp

ENJOY!

*Thank you for the recipe Nield Family!!!

1 comment:

Nield Moments said...

I LOVE this recipe! I actually had to make it a couple of weeks ago, somehow in hopes that it would help bring spring! Wishful thinking. Now I am wanting some fruit pizza. YUM!