Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Any ideas?

We need some help with some ideas. Some of you know that Dillon and I are primary teachers teaching the 11 year olds every other sunday. Well this Sat morning is a "Getting to Know Your Teachers Breakfast." All the teachers are supposed to bring a centerpiece introducing themselves and a couple of games to play with your kids to get to know eachother better. For the centerpiece I think I am going to use this cute little block (thanks Aunt Amy!) and put pictures of us on the wires. As far as for the games.......this is where I need some ideas. Anyone have some good get to know you games to play with about 13 VERY ROWDY 11 year olds???

4 comments:

Kacey said...

missionary tag is always fun... remember when we'd all play it outside in jr. high?

Denise said...

At our "getting to know your teacher breakfast" we were each given a little cup with M&M's in it and with each color there was a question like What's your favorite color?, or Favorite food, how many brothers and sisters, and other ones like that. We went around the circle and whatever color you pulled out, you would answer that question that went with it. If you had double colors, you could just eat it and pick another on. It was pretty fun. We also played Do you love your neighbor...the game that you say either say yes I love my neighbor and they have to switch places and the person in the middle tries to steal one of their seats, or you say I don't love my neighbor, but I love everyone wearing whatever and they have to all switch seats. You get the point. Good luck with it...I thought our class of 8 5 year olds sounded bad:)

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh...I don't know if I have any game ideas but just that you are in for a ride. ha I was over the Valiant 12 class last year and about died. ha Just make sure you get a game that they will be constantly involved doing something. My girls in my class were great and then the boys were crazy! Good luck!

Laura said...

I was going to comment about the M&M game, but hmmm Denise already posted it. Sisters must think alike =)!!!