Friday, September 26, 2008

It is FRIDAY!!!

I am SO excited that today is Friday and that I am done with classes for the day and that this week is finally over! I think that this week was the busiest week (at least top 5) of my entire college career. As some of you know, I am the head teacher in one of the preschool labs here on campus. This week was our first week with kids. So not only was I doing all the paperwork, preparing the classroom, learning the new daily schedule, continuing to teach my 6 girls everything they need to do, but I also had to teach this week. Tues was a bit rocky but yesterday was MUCH better both for kids and the teachers. Plus this week all my college professors decided it was a good week to completely pile on the hmk. Lets just say that I have done hmk and things for preschool most litterally nonstop this week! And it is now over! (i still have lots of hmk to do this wkend since i have neglected my online class this week, but still)

So, some of the little things that happened today that made my day.......
-the realization that this semester is now 1/4 of the way over
-the sun is shinning and the wind is.....well blowing (i am in rexburg) but only lightly
-dillon doesnt have to work tonight or tomorrow so i actually get to semy husband!!! :)
-dillon and i get to go on a date tonight, to Texas Roadhouse even cuz he won a free entre coupon on Friday night Sports Line on Channel 8 news last wkend and it came in the mail yesterday
-i got to wear my pink pants today cuz miraculously they fit again!
-i got TONS of compliments on my pink pants today, one was even a random girl i passed on campus
-i survived the first week of preschool
-gas prices have gone down yet again (6 cents in 2 days)
-my new testament class is the best class i have EVER taken in all my 8 semesters of college and the teacher is AMAZING
-and the best...........................................................dillon gets home in 10 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, there is one thing that is kind of bringing me down but im tryin to look at it in a positive light. i need some advice. This weekend I have to come up with a way to tactfully talk to my girls in preschool about gettin along, and im not talkin about my 3 year old girls, im talkin about my 20, 20, 20, 21, 22, 23 year old girls that are helping me teach the 3 year olds. All 6 of my girls have VERY strong personalities, have an opinion and are not afraid to share it (because it is right!) so, although we have only been working together for 3 weeks and have only had the kids in the classroom 2 days and tensions are already sky high. I talked with my supervisor/boss and he gave me the best advice that he could and told me to think of a way to bring it up after the kids leave on tues and if it doesnt get better in the next few weeks he'll pull them aside individually and if that still doesnt help he will start docking their grade BIG time. Even more than their evaluations from me will (I have control of 1/3 of their total grade!)
so........any advice? I hate confrontation and I hate being the "bad guy."
oh man......but dont worry, im not letting it ruin my FABULOUSLY WONDERFUL FRIDAY! :)

3 comments:

Denise said...

Hey, I just found your blog and got really excited! You look so happy and I can't believe you are like the head teacher at the school. That is so cool! Sorry I don't have advice on talking with the girls, I have always been one to avoid that kind of situation! I agree that Friday is awesome, I have got to spend most of the day with Kevin and tomorrow we have together as well. Don't you love that when you are married you hardly see each other? But at least you don't have to say goodbye when you are saying good night. Is it funny that I still love this fact and we have been married for 2 3/4 yrs? I seriously love falling asleep with him by my side, even though I get really jealous when his deep breathing starts long before the little baby inside me slows her kicking and allows me to fall asleep :)

Sarah said...

Hey Heidi, Sarah Claar here. I just found your blog too! I'm sorry to hear about your first week of preschool... I always hated the first couple of weeks. A word of advice on your team... Just tell them. You need to be in control or they'll walk all over you. Trust me. Say, "Girls, I understand you have your opinions, but put them aside and listen to me!" Then glare. ;) just kidding about the glare. Enjoy the kids! I miss 'em.

Heather said...

hey heidi- been forever since i talked to ya, glad your still alive and well. sorry those girls are not being nice. i don't know what to tell ya, i hate confrontation too, but make sure they know your the boss! :)
hope ya had a fun date.
come see us soon!! miss ya both!
luv ya!