Saturday, June 25, 2011

Summertime fun

Summer is finally here and along with Summer comes busy summer fun! Lately we have been keeping busy with just that, lots of summertime fun.

It all started with a little family time in Star Valley. My sister Nicole is taking my adorable little nephews and leavin us for her husband and Alaska fishing for the rest of the summer, so we decided a little "Brough Family Reunion" was in order before she left. We decided on last weekend...fathers day and my mom's birthday. The original plan had been to go camping at Bear Lake and spend our time playing in the water. Well, of course, the weather did not cooperate so instead we moved the party to SV. It was so fun to have everyone together (minus Cody and Bill, my sister's Alaskan hubby) and kick off the summer together.




We came back to Blackfoot Sunday and Tuesday we met my sister Lyndi and her husband in Pocatello to steal 2 of their hooligans while they went on to SLC for the 3rd hooligan to have surgery. My niece Abbi was born with one leg longer than the other. The difference in length has grown to about 4 1/2 inches. She had surgery this week to staple the growth plate in her long leg and to twist the knee in her short leg so it won't keep grown knock-knee-ed. So...little brother and sister got to come play at Aunt Heidi and Uncle Dillon's while poor big sis had to have surgery. But I have to say, WE. HAD. A. BLAST! They were not here near long enough but we filled every minute we could with fun, fun, fun! I really hope they had as much fun as I did...cuz seriously, I had a blast. They left early yesterday morning and although I'm still exhausted and recovering from a nasty sunburn, I'm bored and wish they were still here! :) Thanks for coming Gabe and Payzli, we LOVED having you here!!!




We also made homemade ice cream, ate pizza, colored LOTS of pictures and watched movies and cartoons (which I didn't get pictures of)! Thanks again Gabe and Payzli for the fun time! :)


1 comment:

Heather said...

How fun! I want to come vacation at your house!!! :)