Saturday, September 12, 2009

Where did summer go?

Well, summer is officially over! I can't believe how fast it went and how little we got to do. I started work for the school district about 2 weeks ago but we just started with kids this last week. I'll spare you all the details and just tell you that it has been very very stressful and very very tiring but kinda is and hopefully will start gettin easier soon. I am still workin at Frontier Pies but only about 3 nights week. So...needless to say Dillon and I haven't seen eachother much and when we do I am beat! Dillon is back to the grind and started school Thursday. This was him that morning before he left for class. I'm not sure what made him more unhappy... me insisting on a "first day of school pic" or having to start classes again! :) He is still workin at the mini-mart but again, only about 3 nights a week since he now needs to spend his time outside of classes studyin for the GRE that he is signed up to take towards the end of Oct. We were able to get one last fun time in on Labor Day. Since school was out for me and school hadn't started for Dillon I asked for work off at Frontier Pies and headed down to Blackfoot to the Eastern Idaho State Fair. We spent ALL DAY there. It was a fun day with lots and lots of people and we were both beat by the time we got home. We got there bright and early to save front row seats for the horse races. I was first introduced to them last year by the Merrill family. Dillon's fam, his gma and gpa and this year an aunt and uncle sat and watched and we bet quarters on horses amongst ourselves. Dillon and I didn't do near as good as last year but still came out exactly even. :) But our favorite part of the horse races?? The indian relay races! There are randomly between the real horse races and are by far the best part. Take a look for yourself......


Yes...there are lots of injuries and yes, that guy is really biting that horse's ear. These races are SO SO much fun to watch. The teams are made up of a rider and about 3 other guys. The rider takes 3 laps, each lap on a different horse. These indians are CRAZY and have to have the strongest legs to hold them on since they are bareback. Very entertaining and very much needs to be it's own event at the fair.

1 comment:

Heather said...

holy crap!!! those indian races are freaking hilarious!! you better remind me about those next year and we'll have to come down and see those in person!!

glad you got to have a fun day off!