Wednesday, August 26, 2009

all grown up...

I can't believe that my little bro is old enough to go on a mission! But he is. A couple weeks ago Dillon and I headed up to SV for a weekend of fun that included the big white envelope.
The moment we'd all been waiting for....
He's headed to the Olongapo Philippines -Tagalog speaking Mission and enters the MTC November 18th!
Congrats little dude...we're so proud of you and love you! :)
Also while we were home we got to spend some time floating the great Salt River and freeze our little bummies off, playing outside, hiking to the Intermitting Spring, roasting mallows around the fire, meeting our puppy Skeeter and love on him, play with him, bath him then still had to leave him there :( (we can't have a puppy in our apt obviously so my WONDERFUL family has graciously offered to keep him until we get a place that we can have him...well I'm not so sure they offered, maybe just agreed to keep him! lol, either way...THANKS FAM!!!) It was so fun to get away from work and Rexburg and hang out with my family for a good 4+ days. Which reminds me. The original plan had been for Dillon and I to head up to SV Thursday afternoon when Dillon got off work then it got pushed back to Friday morning. My mom and Emily decided to come down to IF school shopping that Wed so I decided to get someone to cover my shift that night and just go home with them and Dillon would come up when he could. Well since this wasn't the "plan" nobody was expecting me. Especially Payzli and Heather. :) Lyndi and Payz came down to my mom's shortly after we got home so I went and hid in the pantry. Emily brought Z to the door to "get her a treat." As soon as she opened the door and turned on the light I was standing there...right in front of her face. Z didn't know what to do, she just stared at me then came to me and just laid on my shoulder completely stunned. She wouldn't look at me or talk to me for a good 5 mins, just gave me loves. She soon came to and was wild and crazy! :) Heather's suprise was a bit better. LOL. So, Heather and Lyndi go walking every morning at 6 am. Well....since I was home I decided to join them Thurs morning. I was so excited to get some exercising in that I was wide awake at 5:15 waiting for my alarm to go off at 5:45 so I could get dressed and meet Lyndi at her house. I hurried and got to her front door as she walked into her living room. She told me I had a good 10 mins before Heather would be there but I didn't wanna sit and wait...I wanted a head start! :) So I started walking and got tired and decided to sit in the weeds between the top of my parent's road and the neighbors. Well, soon (well kinda, Heather had slept in) Heather and Lyndi came walking past and of course I had to jump up to finish the walk with them. :) Let's just say....Heather was just as stunned as Z just not quite as quietly! But then again, Lyndi did scream louder and she knew I was there. BAHAHHAHA. It did take Heather almost just as long as it took Z to get over her shock and actually acknowledge me and see why I was in town already. :) Oh how it makes me laugh just thinking about it and writing this....it was GREAT!!! (Love you Heather!) Overall it was a FABULOUS weekend and so great to be home with family, just wish the Alaskans could have been there, next time. Now, here's a few pics, ok a lot, enjoy!
enjoying the warm fire
Z doin the splits
playin outside (do my parents live in the most beautiful place or what??)
The spring and Jake and Lacie bringin up the rear comin down from the top (don't worry...she's not that slow, just preggo with twins, no biggie! :)
um...this picture pretty much just sums up Dillon and I's life together. lol
the hiking crew (Cody was too lazy to come...hardly, instead he was just finishin up a 25K, again, no biggie! :)
the float...tryin to not FREEZE
too too cute!
Daddy and Skeeter
um...i LOVE this for some reason
silly silly girls (Z is wearing the 3D sidewalk chalk glasses)
Cowboy Gabe and Skeeter's sister he named "Sweetie"

2 comments:

Denise said...

I can't believe he is old enough either, it makes me feel old! I love the chalk picture as well...very awesome!

Marlaina said...

Your dog is SO SO SO cute! You should move for the sole reason of having that cutie with you at all times!

(But don't move from Rexburg!)