Friday, October 4, 2013

Pound the Pavement for Parenthood

The weekend of August 3rd Dillon and I made the trek to Orem Utah to run in the Pound the Pavement for Parenthood 5k (that I talked about here).  It was amazing to see how many people came out in the dead heat to run for such an amazing cause.  We did not win the free IVF raffle but felt so blessed to have so many people sign up in our behalf and to have so many come and run with us!
 Family...
...and friends!
And now I have to take a min to brag to all of you about how amazing of a best friend I have.  This girl is great!  She has seen me at my worst, and at my best and still loves me (I think ;).  She has proven to me many a times that she will do anything for me and goes above and beyond to cheer me up when I'm down or having a bad day.  It doesn't matter that we live 300 miles apart, she will send me a simple yet heart felt text, set up a Skype date with me, or randomly send me a package.  I have no doubt in my mind that if it came down to it she would give me the shirt off her back if I needed it.  She is seriously the best and I don't know what I would do without her support and love, especially over the past 4.5 years of this emotionally draining fertility journey.  I love you Shay!

1 comment:

Corrie said...

She is a keeper! Thanks Shay for all you do for my Heidi! ;)