Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fall

I'm pretty sure I say this every year but, I love fall.  I love the changing of the leaves, the harvest trucks, the hunting stories, the first snow, pumpkin yumminess.  Everything.  I love it!  This year I'm even excited for Halloween.  Normally I am not much of a fan, but this year I have actually had fun decorating for Halloween, not just fall but Halloween.  Now I just need to figure out a costume to wear to work....

This weekend the Bastow's came over and we had a yummy dinner of some delicious beef stew, pumpkin chocolate chip bars for dessert and then entertained ourselves by carving pumpkins.  Now really, it doesn't get any more "Fall" than that.  It was so much fun!  Luke kept saying that he wanted a Lightning McQueen pumpkin.  So, being the awesome Aunt I am, I found a little pattern online so he could have his Lightning McQueen pumpkin.  In the process we found a Cinderella pattern that Sofia just loved.  Their parents may or may not have been cussing me not even half way through the process but they turned out SO cute!
Such silly kids :)
Dillon and I went simple with traditional scary face for Dillon and a, slightly more creative than usual, ghost for me.
 The Bastow's had a third very large pumpkin but Jake cut the top off only to find it rotten.  Oh well, the kids still had a great time coloring it.
And Sof of course had to taste the marker too :)
 Now some pictures of the whole process ...


 HAPPY HALLOWEEN!


1 comment:

Nicole said...

So fun! All of your pumpkins look good.