Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is almost here. Just 2 short days away. I think it's time I sat and made a list of a few of the things that I am thankful for this Thanksgiving Season.
  • I am thankful for all the bills that come with living in a home. It means that we have a home to live in and are not crammed into a little apt. It means that we have a little yard and an area where we can have Skeeter.
  • I am thankful for student loans because they mean that we are able to have the money that we need for Dillon to get a good education and that we have the money we need to buy groceries and pay our rent.
  • I am thankful for my part time job because it means that I have a job. It means that I have a job doing what I love, teaching and working with preschoolers.
  • I am thankful for my trials and struggles because it means that my Heavenly Father loves me. It means that he trusts me and has confidence in me and knows that I can do hard things. It means that I have the opportunity to study the gospel and the scriptures more thoroughly. It means that I am more earnest in my prayers, thus bringing me closer to my Heavenly Father.
  • I am thankful for my family and for Dillon's family. I am thankful for the love and the support that they give to us. I am thankful for the sacrifices they are willing to make on our behalf.
  • I am thankful for my husband. I am thankful for his continual love and support. I am thankful for his calm personality. I am thankful for his hard work and his dedication to getting a good education. I am grateful for the sacrifices that he is willing to make to for us. I am grateful for the man that he is and for the opportunity I have to be married to him for time and all eternity.
  • ....and the list could go on and on....

No comments: