Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Y-I-P-P-P-E-E-E-E-E-E!!

Since Dillon and I have been married we haven't had a bed of our own. The apartment we are in has been partially furnished and we hadn't had to buy a bed, dresser, or nightstand. Well a few weeks ago I was lookin at the BYU-I bulletin board (basically an online DI with actually, usually, very nice things that students are tryin to sell for one reason or anything) and I saw a very nice bedroom set for a very nice price. I brushed it off and added a bed of our own to my mental wish list. The next morning Dillon and I were talkin about how nice it would be to move into the recently vacated 2 bedroom apartment straight across from us. I mentioned the bed set I had seen to Dillon and showed him the pics online and he fell in love with it just as I had. So....although the 2 bedroom apt didn't work out (someday) the bed did! The couple sellin it was an older couple that is moving to IF to be closer to doctors and the place they are moving into is a little smaller than their place here and the bed set was just too big. They were awesome to work with and we finally got our new set Monday morning while I was at work (THANK YOU DILLON AND LANDON!) Although it is a very snug fit in our little apt (just ask my toes and hips) it is WONDERFUL and it is OURS!!!! :) Yes...we got the bed (including mattress, which is extremely comfy not to mention new(ish) and boxspring too), the dresser, and the nightstand (which doesn't fit next to the bed to be a nightstand so basically it's just another dresser). Plus the bed has 2 drawers we can use AND is very high off the ground for LOTS of storage space underneath. (Yes, I have to get a running start to get on and Yes I understand this may be a problem when pregnancy rolls around but hey, that's what stools are for, right? :) I'm not gonna tell you how much it was but just know that we basically stole it from them! It was honestly an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, once in a lifetim deal!

3 comments:

NICOLE KELLOGG said...

As a fellow college student/ newly wed, I totally know how it feels... I still dream about the day we buy a dresser (we currently use a filing cabinet from DI).. SO EXCITING!!!

Anonymous said...

I definitely know the feeling. I have been eyeing my dream set for a while now. I love yours...it is super cute! They have tons of stools to choose from when you are pregnant and can't run and jump anymore. ha

Kyle and Char said...

YEAH for bed sets! I wish there were two of them! We're still lookin for one! Lucky you guys! I hope all is going well! :)