Thursday, May 31, 2012

Bear Lake

Well, it wasn't quite how I'd hoped our weekend would look...but nonetheless, we still had a GREAT time at Bear Lake
Back in February I was at work and was talking with the ladies I work with about planning and taking trips and whatnot. I mentioned something about Dillon and I wanting to plan a fun trip for after he graduates to celebrate FREEDOM (and hopefully a job) :) One of the ladies mentioned that she has a condo, that she owns, at Bear Lake. She told me that Dillon and I were welcome to go and stay whenever we wanted...for free! :) I did some thinking and checked the calendars and told her to pencil us in for Memorial Day Weekend, thinking that by then we would have nice, warm, sunny weather to enjoy playing in the lake. (Ha Ha)

So, for almost 4 months, I kept this little secret to myself and planned and plotted how/when to tell Dillon. I knew I needed to let him know a little bit in advance to make sure he didn't need to work or had other plans or something, but I still wanted it to be as much as a surprise as I could. So I came up with the ticket idea. Oh boy, once I gave them to him it was one question right after another....right up until we were packing the few last minute items before we left. And that's when he guessed it. He knew we were going to Bear Lake but still had no idea where we were staying :)

Despite the windy/rainy/snowy/cold weather we managed to have a GREAT time! It was SO SO nice to have our only concerns be, "what movie should we watch?" or "how many people do you think are in the hot tub?" It was great!The weather finally cleared up for us on Monday and warmed all the way up to a whopping 60 degrees!!! So, we spent the day in the hot tub, in the pool, sitting on the beach and building a sandcastle.Although it wasn't anything fancy or exotic or tropical or even very far away, it really was an awesome (and much needed) step away from reality with just me and my hubby!
Thanks Connie SOOOOO much for letting us stay at your condo! And thanks Dilly for putting up with my surprise and going with me, I LOVE YOU!! :)

2 comments:

Sandy Reed said...

This is a great idea Heidi! It looks like you guys had a fun time. Isn't that the best, when it's just the two of you?! I love those times. MISS YOU!

New Adventures Await Us... said...

That is an awesome idea! It is always nice to take a break from reality.