Saturday, February 25, 2012

Church ball

The month of February means church ball.
For the men, basketball. For the women, volleyball.
As I said in my first post, I was called as the Young Women's volleyball coach. That has been fun but I am glad we are almost done. Haha, there is only so much you can try to teach and so many times you can say "nice try" with a smile on your face :)
But every Wed night, after the young women play, the old women get a chance to play. It has been really nice to get out and do something active and, for the most part, fun. Some of the wards in our stake take old women volleyball very seriously and are very competitive. But, it has still been fun. And thanks to one of my nosy little young women that was supposed to be holding onto my phone and keys for me while I played, I have a few pics to prove that I have been playing.
Us old ladies warming up
Dillon has also been lucky enough to get in on the church ball action every Friday night (that we haven't been out of town) and has really seemed to enjoy it. Again, some of the wards in our stake take it very seriously and are very competitive but luckily Dillon hasn't almost punched anyone yet this year :) Funny part is that the ward that he hates to play in basketball just happens to be the ward I hate to play in volleyball as well. And for the same reason, a certain husband/wife combo that fit VERY well together.
I don't have any pics of him (bad wife I know, maybe next game) but I do have this video that my little bro introduced me to that seems to be very fitting.
HAHA. oh good old church ball.

No comments: