Saturday, October 15, 2011

Flies

All the sudden we have flies. Lots of flies. And not just any old flies but the really REALLY annoying ones. You know the kind. A fly swatter has been on my shopping list for some time now but I have yet to get one. I have either forgotten while in town or the few times I have remembered I have been in a hurry and didn't have time to hunt a fly swatter down in WalMart. Seriously, where do they have those things put?? I looked in all the obvious places and when I still couldn't find one I gave up.
It's just like when I tried finding Chicken Bouillon cubes in WalMart. I think I spent at least 4 shopping trips trying to find those darn little things. Walking up and down all the food isles multiple times. Guess where I finally found them? In the Mexican isle. Hmmm...at least I know where they are.
ANWAY...back to the flies.
Yesterday morning we were sitting eating the delicious breakfast my hubby made me while I slept in (I just love my husband) and those darn flies would not leave us alone. They kept landing on us, buzzing around our heads, taunting us. So annoying. I told Dillon, yet again, that I REALLY needed to get a fly swatter next time I was in town. We finished our breakfast and went about our day. Dillon had to leave for work while I was in the shower. When I got out of the shower, got ready for the day and went into the kitchen, this is what I found on my kitchen counter.
I couldn't help myself. I burst out laughing right out loud. What a clever and resourceful hubby I have. Who would have thought?
A weinie roaster + some junk mail + a little packing tape = the perfect fly swatter.
We have already killed numerous flies with this thing and it now has a permanent home.Thanks Hubby! :)

2 comments:

Corrie said...

I LOVE the fly swatter, such a clever man you have there!

Marlaina said...

Hahahaha oh Dilly! Good thing you married him...I guess he's sort of a keeper or something.