Thursday, August 18, 2011

Summer Vacations

Last week Dillon left me behind and went with my dad, his dad, and his 2 brothers up to Alaska for about 10 days. I REALLY wanted to go, but, such is life. It sounds like they had all the fun they could stand, caught LOTS of fish, saw LOTS of bears, and only got rained on a little bit.

One of the many bears they got to see
Dillon's dad with his Halibut
Dillon and his KING Salmon
Landon and his Sculpin
Little brother Beau and his shark
Brothers and their Salmon (I promise Dillon is the oldest, it just doesn't look like it :)
The Merrill men
My dad with his Salmon catches for the day

It was hard having Dillon gone for that long, especially not being able to talk to him much, but I still managed to have a good time while he was gone. I started out my vacation in Evanston WY with my best friend. After 4 days there it was time to head over to Ogden UT to hang out with my grandparents and mom. After a few days there I headed up Ogden Canyon to spend some time with Dillon's mom, sisters, and bro-in-law. And to top it all off I took the long way coming home Sat and stopped in to see my sister and her little family in Logan. Despite all the traveling, it was a GREAT 10 days spent having lots of fun. *Since Dillon had my camera in Alaska, the only pictures I have of the week are a few I stole from my mom-in-laws camera of us up Ogden Canyon.

The Girls getting ready to swim
Swimming, floating and relaxing
The group (minus mom-in-law) packing up after another fun day of swimming
Since we both got home we've just been spending as much time as possible with each other before Dillon has to go back to school and gets sucked into another semester. Oh yeah, and making homemade jam. Lots of homemade Raspberry jam. YUMMMM!!!

1 comment:

Dafni said...

Brandon is SO jealous of the Alaska pictures! :)

You look SO beautiful and tan in your cute apron and that jam looks DELISH! Miss you guys!