Friday, November 20, 2009

"Thankful" by Josh Groban

So tonight as I was working away, cleaning my house (finally) and I flipped the computer open and turned on some Itunes with Christmas music. While I was cleaning this song came on..."Thankful" by Josh Groban. As I was listening to the words of this song I guess I kinda had a change of heart. This Thanksgiving season I have known that I have a lot to be thankful for but I haven't taken the time to sit down and think about ALL that I do have to be thankful for. Instead I have kinda been struggling and have been complaining and dwelling on the negative things in life. Thanks to this man I was quickly able to flip all those stresses into something I am honestly and truly thankful for. I decided to share some of that list with you.

This Holiday Season I am thankful for............................
-the fact that I had to say goodbye to my only/little brother for 2 full years because it means that he has lived worthy and is willing to go and serve the Lord and spread the word of the gospel to the great people in the Phillipines

-the opportunity I have to worry, sympathize, and encourage my sister and brother-in-law while they are struggling with having 2 babies in the NICU cuz it means that their babies have beat the odds and are alive

-the chance I have to come home exhausted and beat everynight cuz it means that I have not only one, but two jobs

-the stories I have to tell about how hard the kids I work with in preschool are cuz it means that I am able to work with kids that are struggling and/or have special needs and that I just might be making a difference

-the fact that I am now beginning to worry about important grad school decisions and finances cuz it means that I have a great husband that cares about getting a good education

-the opportunity I have to struggle with the fact that we have now been trying to get pregnant for six months because it means we have
only been trying for six months

-the large check that Dillon had to write out to the computer doctor today cuz it means that we now have a working computer again

-the chance I have to sit and add up how much money we have wasted on rent this past 1 1/2 years cuz it means that we have a nice place to live

-the times Dillon and I argue about silly little things cuz it means that they are
only silly little things

-the lectures I'm able to give Dillon about doing the laundry right cuz it means he cares enough to help me out and do the laundry/dishes for me when I'm not home to do it

-the little time I get to spend with Dillon cuz it means that we are both working hard and trying our best so we can have the best in the future

-and the list could go on and on.........................................

8 comments:

Nicole said...

wow Heidi, THANKS! I didn't listen to the song yet but I am going to have to. Thanks for the reminder of all the little things in life that we do need to be thankful for! LOVE YA LOTS!!!

Corrie said...

Thank you so much for the reminder that I should be more thankful. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family. I love you tons and tons. And I love this song and Josh too! :) I have the CD this is on and immediately listened to the song again. LOVE YOU! Mom

Ally said...

Ok, Heidi, YOU are amazing!!! Thank-you!!! Thank-you for opening my eyes to see things differently! I love you. I sit here in tears at your wisdom. Thanks Heids!!! Love ya

b.family said...

THANKS!!! I love you so so much!! Thank you for being such a wonderful example to us all!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great reminder to be more thankful and humble! :) I hope you guys get pregnant soon!! ;)

Heather said...

Yes I agree, thank you Heidi. Someone challanged this same thin on facebook at the first of the month, and I didn't start it until last week, but I can't believe the difference it made in sitting there everyday thinking of something I am grateful for that day. I truly makes you stop and think, and realize that our challanges that we are going through are really blessings, even though sometimes it's so hard to realize that. Love you lots!

Amy said...

heidi...i miss you!!! way to remind us all that we need to record the things we're grateful for! i've kind of been a slacker in that department :( i can't wait to get up to idaho and give you something more to add to that list: a really cool roommate that visited :) love you girl!

Dafni said...

Josh Groban is the best! I love his Christmas cd! Great post Heidi :)