Saturday, October 18, 2008

It's about time.......

I have wanted to get my hair cut since before me and Dillon got married but I wanted it long for the weddin, we were out of town a lot, we didnt have money, i didnt have time, etc, etc, etc. Well, this week I kept seeing people with cute hair cuts (thats you Alexa!) and I have watched "What NOT to Wear" a few times this week and decided today I was going to make time! So this morning I warned Dillon (he did not want me to cut my hair) and called to make an apt at Evan's Beauty College here in town. Even though they are a college they do a pretty good job. So I was nervous all day today. I had to go take a test and set up some things for preschool before I could go to my apt.
So here you have it.............

This morning...


(my hair was still a little wet that's why it's all wavy and weird lookin)









5 dollars and 7 inches later...













It is shorter than I was expecting but I still like it. The girl did a really good job even though she had only been in school for 5 months (when she told me that I got a little nervous!) Now the real test will be when Dillon gets home from work............wish me luck! :)

9 comments:

Corrie said...

Wow! Did you color it too? It looks so much lighter. I really like it, hopefully Dillon will too, I know how bad you have wanted to do this and for so long too. We like it here, Mom & Emily

Alexa said...

CUTE!!!! I love it Heidi!!! Its way cute! And I absolutly love my hair short. =) Thanks for likin it! ha ha Love ya!

Alexa said...

VERY cute!!! Way to go. Seven inches, that's enough to donate isn't it? How did Dillon like it? I'm sure he thinks you are beautiful no matter what!!! Plus, if he is THAT attached to long hair, tell him to grow his own! lol
love ya!

Alexa said...

SORRY, that last one was from me, Amy!!! Lexa is still logged in!

Anonymous said...

I love it! You'll have to get a front shot too! Love ya!

Heather said...

LOVE IT! LOOKS WAY CUTE. AND IF DILLON DOESN'T LIKE IT.... WHO CARES! HE'S NOT THE ONE THAT HAS TO WEAR IT AND TAKE CARE OF IT! =) STILL LOVE YA THO DILLON! BUT WAY CUTE HEID.

Corrie said...

Hey so what do you think Dillon.
Are you mad, sad, glad. Guess by the comments you know how the Hunter/Brough women feel about men telling them (I'm not saying this is you though) what to do with their hair. LOL Some of them WERE a little harsh tho. hahaha Hope you like it tho. Love ya, Mom

Mr and Mrs Merrill... said...

thanks everyone! no i didnt color it, its just dry in the after picture and i was standing right under the light so it looks lighter. dillon walked in, saw my hair, was shocked, then told me it was beautiful. so he passed... he likes it short and is just fine that i cut it! :) and amy, he would LOVE it if i told him he could grow it... he has always wanted a mullet! lol

Amy said...

Yeah!!! Dillon, I knew I liked you!!! Oh, BUT, the mullet???? Um, not so sure I would feel the same 'bout ya.